REPLACING A SHOWERHEAD
One of the most common problems home inspectors find are leaks developed around the shower head. This is seemingly simple do it yourself project can result in nagging drips, gallons of wasted water, higher energy cost, and worse yet – if it drips inside your wall, dry rot, mold, and structural problems. Here are some simple guidelines from do-it-yourself guru Danny Lipford of www.todayshomeowner to help make your shower head switch a success.
To replace a showerhead:
- Unscrew the old showerhead in a counterclockwise direction using pliers or a strap wrench.C
- Clean the threads on the shower stem pipe.
- Wrap the threads on the pipe with Teflon plumber’s tape in a clockwise direction (two rotations or more).
- Screw the new showerhead on the pipe threads in a clockwise direction until hand tight.
- Tighten the showerhead further using a strap wrench or pliers padded with a rag or piece of flat rubber to prevent marring. Don’t damage the showerhead or pipe by over tightening.
- Turn on the showerhead and check the pipe threads for leaks.
Watch this video to find out more:
Mirowski Inspections, LLC is a fully insured, multi-inspection company located in Springfield MO. Owners Steve and Dana Mirowski believe in using the latest technologies, continuous education, providing detailed inspection reports that are easy to understand, and delivering a superior customer service experience. The Mirowski Inspection teams goal is to protect your time, your family, and your investment and wants to be the inspection company you think of when you have a question about your home, building, or investment property. Services include residential and commercial inspections, environmental testing and drone inspectour™imaging
We appreciate your confidence and trust in our service and we appreciate each opportunity to be part of the home buying experience. We strive to become our customers “inspector for life” and want to be the company you think of when you need an inspection or advice on your home systems. When you think of Mirowski Inspections we hope it is with a smile and that feeling of home.